Saturday, July 2, 2011

Hello From Megan + A Word About Bad Hair Days

Hi guys! Megan here. I just wanted to drop by and tell you how excited I am about this blog adventure I'm starting with these three fellow Longwood friends of mine.

And then I wanted to tell you something about my hair.

I just got bangs. This isn't really a big deal, but I've never had bangs before in my life, with the exception of one time in seventh grade. I didn't know anything about styling hair, and I think I had a crazy cowlick, so the whole thing was Not Pretty. But I got them anyway, and after having a tiny identity crisis for 48 hours, I began to love them. And I still do!


They're pretty awesome, and they make me feel chic and fashion-forward even when I'm just wearing a tee-shirt. The only problem is that I pretty much always have to blow dry and style them, which is an issue because I only wash my hair twice a week. At the most. So, sometimes I stick the front of my head under the sink and wash just my bangs, but that's kind of a huge ordeal for me. So, sometimes I just don't do it. But then I walk around my apartment looking like a crazy little animal. Obviously, this is the part of the story where I introduce you to my new hat.


J.Crew, you know me so well!

A hat is pretty much my go-to for bad hair days. In my days at Longwood, I almost always reached for a baseball cap, but there's something about being an M.A. candidate in a pretty creative master's program and writing a fashion blog that is making me feel like baseball caps are pretty socially unacceptable for me to just wear around every day. 

So, I say find a good one and stick with it! I might add to my collection soon.


Last but not least, I had an incident with a cake-pop today. 

 
Luckily I was wearing my hat and really didn't mind losing my dessert.
That's right--that's a fake pout right there, people.

What are your bad hair day tips? 
Do you have a hat you love? Send me a picture!
est1839 [at] gmail [dot] com

Fashionably yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...